- Working for Us
- Social Worker | Balclutha
Our awesome team works hard every day with Otago whānau to make change that inspires hope for a better future.
- We have been providing social services in Otago for over 50 years
- The safety and wellbeing of tamariki are our priority
There are a lot of reasons you'd want to work with us
- The opportunity to gain great experience and growth
- A supportive team environment where you will be valued
- Flexibility options if needed (e.g., working from home)
- A flexible "as and when required" sick leave policy
Check out our video below to hear what our Social Worker Stephanie thinks about working for us and read Why Join Us?, and the Position Description
About the role
- Based in Balclutha
- 37.5 hours per week
- Salary range $49,115 - $63,963 commensurate with skills and experience
- A tertiary qualification in Social Work that meets SWRB Registration is essential
- Knowledge of parenting and child development
- An understanding of Care and Protection principles and the Oranga Tamariki Act 1989
- Good knowledge of community resources and an ability to develop networks, particularly in the Māori and Pacific Island communities
- Experience working with whānau who need support with complex and often stressful situations
- Sound computer and database skills
- Current driver licence
If you share our commitment and passion, apply via seek with your cover letter and CV.
Anglican Family Care has a COVID-19 vaccination policy that requires all employees to be fully vaccinated and hold a valid vaccination pass to enter and work in Anglican Family Care workplaces. As such, you will need to provide evidence of being fully vaccinated via a valid My Vaccine Pass to be appointed to this role.