Our awesome team works hard every day with Otago whānau to make change that inspires hope for a better future.
- We have been providing social services in Otago for over 50 years
- The safety and wellbeing of tamariki are our priority
About the role
- 37.5 hours per week based in Dunedin
- Work in our Family Start programme to support whānau who struggle with challenges that put health, education, and social outcomes for their pepi at risk
- Salary range $47,000 - $61,209 pa commensurate with skills and experience
About you (the applicant)
- A qualification in Social Work that meets SWRB Registration, Early Childhood Education or Health Field (essential)
- Knowledge of parenting and child development
- An understanding of Care and Protection principles and the Oranga Tamariki Act 1989
- Good knowledge of community resources and an ability to develop networks, particularly in the Maori and Pacific Island communities
- Experience working with whānau who need support with complex and often stressful situations
- Sound computer and database skills
- You must have a current driver licence
There are a lot of reasons you'd want to work with us
Here are just a few:
- The opportunity to gain great experience and growth
- A supportive team environment where you will be valued
- Flexibility options if needed (e.g., working from home)
Before deciding to join us, please read Why Join Us? and the Position Description on our website familycare.org.nz/work.
If you share our commitment and passion, apply via seek with your cover letter and CV.
Applications close at 9 am on Tuesday, 29 June.