Our achievements in the last 12 months
By Lucy Summers | Posted: Thursday August 10, 2017
We are delighted to publish this summary of our work with Otago families from 1 July 2016 to 30 June 2017.
More than 1,500 Otago families had support through our services including home-based family support, Family Start, counselling, play therapy and Restorative Justice.
- 6,749 home visits to support families in difficult situations
- 17,252 other direct contacts with families, such as phone calls
- 219 counselling or play therapy sessions - 86.8% reported a significant change in their circumstances
- 681 referrals received for home-based services
- 257 families undertook the Family Start programme
- 280 children in schools attended a programme run by our Social Workers in Schools - 100% were satisfied with the service
- Our Restorative Justice team conduction 541 meetings and directly supported 132 victims of crime
To see the full poster of these results, please click here.