Anglican Family Care is a social services agency that has served the people of Dunedin and Otago since 1970. Our main office is based in Dunedin. The rural offices are based in Balclutha, Oamaru, Alexandra, and Wanaka.
Our main focus is tamariki, rangatahi and their whānau, but we also provide services that support individuals in need.
Our services are for all people regardless of beliefs because we respect the values and beliefs of the Anglican Church, especially “To respond to human needs by loving service".
Strong, connected and thriving whānau and tamariki
Working together with Otago whānau to make change that inspires hope for a better future
Whanaukataka / Sense of Family
- our core values encompass all aspects of the family
- we promote and generate respect for each other, and for those with whom we work
Kotahitaka / Common Purpose
- we endeavour to enhance our work by building lasting relationships on a strong foundation
Manaakitaka / Looking after People
- we honour our responsibility to be respectful, supportive and honest in our communications.
Mahi Tahi / Working Together
- we work together to create an environment in which diversity is acknowledged and nurtured
Whakahirahira / Excellence
- we strive for the very best at all times with all people and seek to be professional in all situations
Awhinataka / Stewardship
- we recognise that when we support others we are at all times acting for the whole agency and for all people
Our programmes are government-funded and approved, and delivered free-of-charge to our diverse client base. The majority of our work is funded under contract with Oranga Tamariki and the Ministry of Social Development. The Ministry of Justice funds our Restorative Justice Otago service. As well as our programmes, we deliver other important services to support families and individuals in the Otago region. It is our generous donors that make this possible, and we are hugely grateful for this! Please consider being a part of supporting the Otago community by supporting us.